Jewellery Making 101, Part C: Crimping
Creating a secure crimp is essential for bracelets and necklaces!
Join Pamela Kearns to learn how to crimp and explore the relationship between the size of the beading wire and the size of the crimp bead to create that needed security. Along the way, you’ll also learn about the various findings – wire guardians, crimp covers, jump rings and clasps – to complete either a bracelet or necklace. We’ll also discuss elements of design and colour to make your jewellery standout from the crowd! Time permitting, we’ll also create a matching pair of earrings.
This is a stand-alone class; you do not this as a prerequisite for other Jewellery Making 101 classes.
Type of Class: Virtual. A few days prior to the class you will be sent an email containing the class instructions and the electronic link to the Zoom class. Once these instructions have been sent, refunds and cancellations will not be permitted.
Skill level: Beginner
Technique: General jewellery making, crimping
Have for class:
- Medium weight beading wire (.19mm diameter)
- Two 2mm crimp beads in your choice of metal colour
- Two wire guardians that accommodate .19 beading wire, in your choice of metal colour
- Two 3mm or 4mm crimp covers in your choice of beading wire
- A selection of glass, stone and metal beads and spacers. Crystal Lane Twisted Bead Strands are an excellent choice for a variety of glass beads in a colour scheme.
- 6mm jump rings in your choice of metal colour
- Single-strand clasp of choice
- Optional: Chain extender in your choice of metal colour
- A pair of crimping pliers
- Two pairs of ‘grasping’ pliers such as flat nose, chain nose or bent nose pliers
- A pair of flush cutters
Additional materials for an optional earrings:
- A pair of earring findings
- 2 20ga 2″ headpins and/or eyepins in your choice of metal colours
- Small amount of
- 3x2mm/medium curb chain in your choice of metal colour (optional)
- A pair of round nose pliers
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: click here