- This event has passed.
Coral Fringe Tassel – rescheduled to May 23
April 5, 2020 @ 11:30 am - 4:00 pmFree – Cdn $55.00 +Kit fee: $15, payable to the instructor the day of the class.
This class has been rescheduled to May 23. To go to the new class page for information and on-line registration, click here.
Course outline: This project definitely makes a statement! Learn to make a spectacular, one-of-a-kind Coral Fringe Tassel, to add punch to your beaded creations! This tassel could be used (as I have) in a long, beaded necklace, or more simply as the focal on a purse, or fibre art piece. The majority of the class time will be focused on actually making the tassel, but there will still be time to gather supplies, then discuss how to make a finished necklace. I will also be demonstrating how to make a messy, wire wrapped loop.
Skill level: All levels
Prerequisite: Comfort with a needle and thread would be an asset, but not entirely necessary.
Technique: Making a coral fringe tassel.
Bring to class: Scissors, your favourite beading needles, Size 11, and 15 Japanese seedbeads, bead cap, and focal beads for your tassel. If you have them, bring along your chain, and round nose pliers, and wire cutters. They are also available to borrow from the classroom. Bring along magnification if required.
Of special note: the class patterns and instructions from our classes are for your personal use only. Please respect the intellectual property of our artists/instructors by not sharing, selling, or teaching the patterns you receive from the classes you take.
How to Register and Cancellation Policy: see details below.
How to Register:
- You may register for all classes and open sessions either on-line, in-person at the store, or by calling the store at (416) 751-1911
- Full payment must be made at the time of registration
- Materials for Virtual classes are the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated in the class description.
- For some metalwork, mixed media and lampwork classes, a waiver must be signed acknowledging you have experience or training in their use, and we will ensure you have training to work safely!
- Some classes have age requirements. Students MUST be mature and responsible to work safely to be allowed to take some of our lampworking, soldering, fusing, and some metalsmithing classes.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- Virtual classes: If you need to cancel a virtual class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations and refunds will not be permitted once instructions, materials and electronic links to the classes have been emailed to students. Only registered students will be permitted to take virtual classes.
- In-Studio classes: If you need to cancel an in-studio class, please let us know 5 days prior to the class. Cancellations made later than that will forfeit the class deposit or fee. If you come to the class unwell (sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) you will be asked to leave and a refund will NOT be provided.
- No refunds or cancellations are permitted for classes with celebrity/visiting instructors. Substitutions will be permitted as long as prerequisites are met.
- We may re-schedule or cancel classes if we do not receive the minimum number of bookings, or in case of bad weather or instructor illness. In this case, you will be notified and the fees will be refunded or issued as store credit.